Java Team Lead
Scanz has been working for nearly two decades in the real-time trading technology and fintech space. We deliver complex technological systems that enable serious traders worldwide.
By joining Scanz, you’ll become a part of a company that fosters self-improvement and actively seeks out-of-the-box ideas. Our teams work together to create the next generation of financial software solutions. We welcome all candidates who believe, as we do, that innovation is grounded in education.
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead to guide the cross-functional team of highly experienced engineers and simultaneously to manage daily project operations and to communicate with the Operations team. Your team will be developing the backend and frontend of a trading analytics platform that provides access to all possible market segments (asset classes) to users all over the world.
You personally will be responsible for leading a distributed team of highly-talented engineers, guiding their individual professional growth, managing their daily tasks, along with working through requirements and contributing directly to the codebase yourself. Being the primary technical point of contact for the company, you should have excellent communication skills, a technical mindset with great attention to details, ability to analyze suggested approaches and come up with better solutions.
This is also an incredible opportunity to work on the high availability and consistency of a distributed system that processes millions of operations on daily basis. On top of that you’ll be presented other challenges such as (but not limited to):
- improving the system’s throughput and incorporating performance testing into our CI pipelines
- scaling services horizontally
- providing and maintaining 24/7 uptime
Along with that, you’re going to be expected to maintain high test coverage and instill best coding practices within the team. Finally, all the team members are expected to be actively involved with system health monitoring and its support.
- overseeing the team’s day-to-day operation
- mentoring and knowledge sharing
- maintaining and improving the development process (scrum-like)
- analyzing and working on requirements with the Product team (including implementation specifics)
- estimating requirements efforts
- navigating implementation details to ensure consistency with initial design
- participating in code reviews
- developing new features
- writing unit and integration tests
- 5+ years of software development in commercial projects
- experience as a team lead in a group of 4-5 developers
- strong knowledge of the Java programming language
- knowledge of the Kotlin programming language
- high quality organizational and leadership skills
- understanding of testing pyramid, particularly unit, integration and acceptance testing
- desire to write, optimize, document and maintain code and thoroughly cover it with tests
- desire to achieve goals as a team, willingness to help colleagues and ability to give/take criticism
- proficient English language (C1 and higher) to be able to communicate with the team, managers and CEO.
- experience with Spring framework
- experience with scaling applications horizontally
- hands-on experience writing concurrent Java code
- understanding of XP practices and desire to implement them
- desire to mentor people and share knowledge
- experience in software and application design and architecture
Email [email protected] to apply.